CHIPS Church Peace Partners
Introduction from our Co-Director
Does your church want to be a community that supports peace?
At CHIPS, we deeply appreciate the support we receive from our church partners, from prayer and encouragement to insight which helps us to become better peacemakers. We believe that every follower of Jesus is called to be a peacemaker, and that local churches too have an important role to play in peace and reconciliation.
We offer all our CHIPS Church Peace Partners a speaker for their service and/ or small groups on the work of CHIPS or a broader, peace-related theme. We provide prayer points as well as Peace Packs which help churches to mark key events such as Peace Sunday and Remembrance Sunday.
For those who want to go deeper, we offer opportunities to attend occasional CHIPS events, to visit us and volunteer, as well as mentoring and training on how to go about practical peacemaking in local communities.
We offer a choice of three types of partnership and in return, we ask that partners pray for our work and support us financially in some way.
If you’re interested in finding out more, please email me or call me on 07883 950 458 for an informal discussion – we’d love to hear from you!
Andrew Jackson, Co-Director (Development)
Case study: Framlingham Baptist Community Church
“We chose to support the CHIPS Brixton team as they work on the front-line against knife and gun crime, mentoring young people to avoid gang culture that leads to violence. Living in rural Suffolk, we have limited exposure to these day-to-day challenges and it’s important to us to support other local youth leaders working in this area.
Partnership gives us the opportunity to interact with the CHIPS team, to pray regularly for them, and one of our congregation hopes to volunteer with them!”
How our partnership works: our commitments to you
- Regular updates on our work, including prayer points, project updates and Peace Packs around key dates on the church calendar.
- A CHIPS speaker for your church service and/ or small group at least once a year.
- The opportunity to send delegates to occasional CHIPS conferences, events and training and to visit and volunteer with our projects.
- Where requested, tailored one-to-one advice, support and training for local churches considering how they can ‘do’ peacemaking in their local communities.
Your commitments to us
- Pray for us regularly as a congregation and/ or in small groups, with the support of the prayer points we share.
- Financial support through a regular monthly or annual gift, depending on the size of your congregation and the type of partnership you choose.
- Choose which partnership model is best for your needs (see below).
General Partners are connected to CHIPS across all our projects. We provide updates and prayer points and ask partners to make a regular monthly or annual donation based on the size of their congregation.
Project Partners choose to support a particular project in Brixton or Ghana. We provide specific updates and prayer points and ask partners to make a contribution to the annual budget of that project.
Development Partners help us to bring a new project to life. We provide specific updates and prayer points related to the project and invite you to visit where possible. We ask partners to contribute towards the costs of making the new project sustainable.
Case study: Reality Church London
“Reality Church London chose to partner with CHIPS because of our desire to have a tangible local presence in an area that concerns us deeply – helping facilitate the peace of Christ with people struggling with conflict.”