Opportunity to Invest in New Peacemaking Project in London
I am delighted to announce an opportunity to help CHIPS realise the new vision of an active, incarnational, practical peacemaking project here in the UK.
This is an ethical investment opportunity, where you can let your money go to good use. By offering an equity loan through our partners Mission Housing you would help to purchase a property in which a new CHIPS team will be established.
We have now had an offer accepted, so we need to secure the remainder of the investment as soon as possible. Please get in contact as soon as possible, with any expression of interest in this opportunity.
- To establish a community of Christians living in the heart of Angell Town estate, Brixton
- To house a prayerful, welcoming, servant-hearted team passionate about peacemaking in an area affected by much violence and tension
- To work with the local church, schools, community and other organisations for transformation through practical projects
- To establish this as the hub of CHIPS international ministry, where I will be based
- Equity loans of £5,000 - £250,000 invited for a minimum 10 year term
- Over £650,000 of investment has already been secured leaving £100,000 needed to complete the purchase and refurbishment
- Prospect of capital gain on your investment linked to any increase in the property value*
- Mission Housing will manage the purchase, including undertaking any renovations required at the beginning, ensuring the property is fit for purpose immediately
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a huge difference to CHIPS peacemaking ministry, whilst utilising capital as an ethical property investment.
All those who have invited us to South London, and those who we’ve since connected with, are very excited about the way CHIPS works and how that can help to build relationships across the urban conflict divides. Now we just need your help to make it a reality.
*Past performance of the property market is not necessarily indicative of future performance. Investors need to understand that if the value of the property falls, you could receive back less than you put in.
What’s the vision for the new project?
Following up invitations from local churches and organisations, we have grown a vision to form a small Christian community in the heart of the Angell Town estate in Brixton. The area has a long-standing issue of violent crime, with many young men and women experiencing or under threat of violence. This has become increasingly territorial and left communities reeling from the loss of so many of their children.
Yet we have a vision of hope, trusting that the peace of Christ will grow in the midst of these tensions. There are many great opportunities in this estate and local area, so we can’t wait to get a CHIPS team living on the estate, connecting with the great people already there working for transformation.
We’re also really excited about establishing a new hub for CHIPS international ministry. The house would be an ideal space for offering practical and spiritual training for overseas workers and groups from partner organisations.
What’s the investment opportunity?
Mission Housing, a housing association with over 25 years of experience, have recently offered to partner with us to buy a large house in the middle of the estate.
This 7 bedroom property was a large family home, built in a terrace of four similar properties as part of the regeneration of the estate in the 1990s. The setting, size and layout make it an ideal fit with our vision for a community house on the estate, with its large kitchen and reception rooms, as well as good sized bedrooms.
Mission Housing will manage the property, ensuring excellent maintenance and upkeep and investing in renovations where necessary. There is quite a lot of superficial work which needs to be done from the start, so those improvements will immediately add value to the investment.
How can I find out more?
If you would like to explore taking up this investment opportunity, please contact Jim Gilbourne, CEO of Mission Housing, on 020 8318 4432 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the project, please contact me, Paul Rose, on email@example.com or 07891350005.
Thank you for your interest - we look forward to hearing from you!